There are certain rules of etiquette when enjoying the classic treat of ice cream. Different rules apply to different people such as no double dipping when sharing out of the same bowl or only put so much on your spoon that you can fit in your mouth. However, we have compiled a top 10 list of our own that should probably be applied to everyone. Again, to each his own, but these are pretty common across the board.
1. When in a dish, use a spoon. If you want to lick up the ice cream, you should have probably gotten a cone…or at least a bib.
2. Sharing a bowl? OK. Sharing a cone? Probably OK. Licking the cone at the same time with someone – Not OK.
3. If you can’t finish your bowl or cone, don’t throw it away. There are sweets deprived people in this world that will lick that bowl clean.
4. The ice cream to toppings ratio should always fall heavier on the ice cream side. The Dipper should never ask you if you’d like a little ice cream to go with your toppings.
5. Know what flavor you want before you get up to the line at an ice cream parlor. When it comes to ice cream, people get impatient and the scene could turn ugly.
6. When eating a cone, do not bite off the bottom of the cone first. First, you look ridiculous trying to bend your head that way, and second you are destroying the purpose of the cone.
7. No double fisting. Just order a large for here and one to go.
8. Try new flavors. Sure, Cicada ice cream might be a stretch… But you can’t go wrong with a new flavor, like Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler or Frosted Cupcake.
9. If drinking a shake and you get brain freeze, try not to yell out loud like a banshee. Little kids around you might get scared.
10. Tweet what flavor you’re eating, BEFORE or AFTER you’re done eating. No one likes a sticky phone.
What else do you think should never be done while eating ice cream?