- 1 quart Hershey's® Vanilla ice cream
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup honey
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- Whipped cream and cherry (optional)
- Scoop Hershey's® Vanilla ice cream into 8 - 1/2 cup sized balls. Place on baking sheet and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a shallow dish, combine cornflakes and cinnamon. In another dish, pour the honey. Roll ice cream balls in honey, then in cornflakes, covering ice cream completely. Repeat if necessary. Freeze again until firm, 3 hours.
- In deep fryer or large, heavy saucepan, heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Using a basket or slotted spoon, fry ice cream balls 1 or 2 at a time, for 10 to 15 seconds, until golden. Drain quickly on paper towels and serve immediately, garnish with whipped cream and a cherry if desired.